This recipe is fantastic for those days where you really want to eat clean, but don’t really have that much time at your disposal. Not only does it taste delicious, but it is pretty easy and quick to make too!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts. Make sure they have been trimmed and halved.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ¾ cup of chicken broth, low sodium if you are not making it yourself
- 3/8 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed.
- ¼ cup unfiltered apple cider
- Begin by setting your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Get a frying pan (oven proof) with one tablespoon of oil heating up.
- Season your chicken with a ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add it to the frying pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes. It should start to turn brown. You do not have to flip it over whilst it is frying.
- After three minutes, flip the chicken and put it in the oven. It should be baking for around 9 minutes, or at least until it is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Add your ½ cup of broth and cider to the mix. Bring it to the boil. You will have to scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen up all of the brown bits. Once it is at a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 4 minutes.
- Whisk your mustard, 1 tablespoon of butter, and parsley in.
- Get another frying pan and add the file tablespoon of butter and tablespoon of oil. Saute your brussels sprouts. They should be lightly browned. Add the remaining salt and broth to the pan. Cover and cook.
- Serve this delicious meal!