Want to ensure that you are as healthy as possible? Well, there are some vitamins which you really need to get into your diet.
- Vitamin A: This is, without a doubt, one of the most important vitamins for a woman’s diet. It boosts your immune system, slows down the aging process of the skin, and reduces the risk of heart disease significantly. Carrots are a fantastic source of Vitamin A. Try not to supplement unless you really need to. Too much Vitamin A is actually bad for you.
- Vitamin B: Boosts your metabolism (i.e. makes it easier to lose weight). It also improves muscle tone and boosts your mental focus. There are eight different B Vitamins, with B9 being one of the most important for a woman as it can reduce the risk of birth defects.
- Vitamin C: This is another vitamin which can boost your immune system. It can also reduce the appearance of wrinkles and will reduce the chance of prenatal problems. Eating a good amount of citrus fruits a day should be more than enough to get Vitamin C into your diet.
- Vitamin D: There are some evidence that this vitamin will reduce your chance of suffering from breast cancer by as much as 50%. In addition to this, there is a small amount of evidence which suggests that Vitamin D can reduce the risk of ovarian cancer too. Basically, this is going to be a pretty decent vitamin for any woman!
- Iron: This will boost your immune system and reduce the risk of anemia, a condition caused by too few red blood cells. If you suffer from a heavy period, you will almost certainly want to get Iron into your diet.